Friday, January 23, 2009

Quorn!

So in my efforts to become a green eater, I have found the best product ever! It wasn't around way back when, in my first efforts to be an herbivore, but thank goodness it's here! I present.....
Quorn is a meat-free, soy-free, all natural, low fat, alternative for those of us searching for just that! It is derived from mycoprotien, which is a type of fungi. I had never heard of this stuff before heading over to Whole Foods one day with my good friend Melissa. She enlightened me on its rumored deliciousness so we had to try it for ourselves. It was about $5.00 for a 12oz bag of chik'n tenders. This looks deceptively small, however, I have since made 3 spinach asiago wraps with it and STILL have some left in the bag. It has the flavor, texture, and appearance of chicken. It is great! I can't stop telling people about this stuff. It is the future of food!

They have a huge product line and are always coming out with new products in the US (been around in the UK for awhile). And on their website, they have a store locator based on your zipcode. There is also a great recipe database on their site in case you want to try one of their special reccomendations. I am hooked, and hopefully this green alternative to factory farms will be your new favorite product too!

Lets get Quorny!
GB

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello,

My name is Bill Hawthorne, and I represent maacenter.org, a leading web resource for asbestos exposure and mesothelioma cancer information. Our organization is dedicated to increasing awareness of the terrible health consequences of asbestos exposure through the distribution of the best informational materials and public outreach efforts.

I found your site through a search and decided to contact you because of its high environmental and green presence which is extremely important in our movement. Your viewers are extremely savvy and motivated. The promotion of how buildings should now be built using green products to avoid asbestos and mesothelioma as well as the awareness of past buildings and preventative steps in avoiding asbestos exposure are extremely important. My goal is to get a resource link on your site/blog or even to provide a guest posting to be placed.

I look forward to hearing from you. Please feel free to check out our website at www.maacenter.org. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Please contact me back at bhawthorne@maacenter.org

Bill